JAIPUR – PINK CITY HISTORICAL MONUMENT

HISTORICAL MONUMENTS

HAWA MAHAL   COMPLETED IN 1799

LOCATION; HAWA MAHAL ROAD.

Alternative names: Palace of the Winds, Palace … 

The structure was built in 1799 by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh, the grandson of Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh, who was the founder of Jaipur. He was so inspired by the unique structure of Khetri Mahal that he built this grand and historical palace. It was designed by Lal Chand Ustad.

THINGS TO DO: WATCH IT BRILLIANTLY LIT UP AT NIGHT OR VISIT DURING THE DAYTIME TO FIND ITS CHAMBERS ILLUMINATED WITH VARIED COLOURS

ENTRY FEE: INR 50 FOR INDIAN, INR 200 FOR FOREINGERS.

AMER FORT

The historic hill fort rises above the town of Amer (it is sometimes called Amber Fort), which was the capital of the Kuchwaha Rajputs from the 11th to the 18th century. Construction began in 1592 by Maharaja Man Singh, a commander in the army of the Mughal emperor Akbar.

LOCATION: DEVISINGHPURA

ENTRY FEE: INR 100 FOR INDIA, INR 500 FOR FOREIGNERS

 

CITY PALACE

Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II
 
Built By: Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II. Built-In: 1729 – 1732. Architectural Style: Fusion of Shilpa Shastra of Indian style of architecture with European and Mughal styles of architecture.

LOCATION: JALEB CHOWK

ENTRY FEE: INR 75 FOR INDIAN INR 300 FOREIGNERS

JANTAR MANTAR

The Jantar Mantar is a collection of 19 astronomical instruments built by the Rajput king Sawai Jai Singh II, the founder of Jaipur, Rajasthan. The monument was completed in 1734. It features the world’s largest stone sundial and is a UNESCO World Heritage site. It is located near City Palace and Hawa Mahal.

LOCATION: KANWAR NAGAR

ENTRY FEE: INR 50 FOR INDIANS INR 200 FOR FORIGNERS

NAHARGARH FORT

Along with Amber and Jaigarh, Nahargarh once served as the defense ring for Jaipur. It was built in 1734 by Sawai Jai Singh, the then king of Jaipur, mainly as a retreat for the queens and the king. While much of its glory is lost with changing times, the fort still stands strong under the Rajasthan sun.

 the edge of the Aravalli Hills, overlooking the city of Jaipur in the Indian state of Rajasthan. Along with Amer Fort and Jaigarh Fort, Nahargarh once formed a strong defense ring for the city. The fort was originally named Sudarshangarh, but it became known as Nahargarh, which means ‘abode of tigers. The popular belief is that Nahar here stands for Nahar Singh Bhomia,whose spirit haunted the place and obstructed construction of the fort.Nahar’s spirit was pacified by building a temple in his memory within the fort, which thus became known by his name

LOCATION: KRISHNA NAGAR

ENTRY FEE;   INR 20 FOR INDIANS INR 50 FOR FOREIGNERS.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *